Monday, January 26, 2009

Isaiah can ski!

There he is in the red coat... he's following his teacher, "Coach Al". We spotted him while we were on the lift. I was so excited to see him skiing... it was about 20 minutes into the lesson!


We had an amazing time this weekend in Ruidoso, NM... we took Michael's parents with us for some much needed R&R. AND... we took the kids skiing - they loved it!




We also went on a 2 mile hike... 

and threw rocks into the river...
and climbed a big rock...



Part of the hike included crossing the river... on a log. It was a bit scary for some of us, but we all made it across! (somehow we didn't get any pictures of that log) 

What an amazing time we had. I was so proud of Isaiah for being such a good sport. I can't believe how fast he learned how to ski. We stayed on one run the whole day, but Isaiah never got tired. Riding the lift, we watched skiers below and played a game called "Who's gonna fall next?" And one time as we approached the top of the lift, Isaiah said "Alright, this is where the fun begins!!" I loved seeing him so happy and confident. 

note: I do have video of Isaiah skiing... and I tried to include it in this post, but I'm having technical difficulties. 

1 comment:

jessica said...

Hooray for Isaiah! I'm jealous that yall got to ski. I really like the picture of them throwing rocks into the river. It looks like Michael is having more fun than Sarah. :)