Thursday, March 06, 2008

my sweet children

In the mornings, they eat their cereal at the bar. To the right of Sarah is our fish, "Bucket". I love how they are sitting on their feet...


When I picked them up from PDO yesterday, they had gotten suckers... so by the time we got home, their faces were blue.
Sarah had also taken a brown marker and wrote on her face...
I asked her "Sarah, what's on your face?" and she said, over and over, "Chocolate Sugar!" I actually got several good pictures of her... she was loving the camera. Times like this make it so much fun to be a mom... so I thought I'd share this poem with you...


Children Learn What They Live By Dorothy Law Nolte, Ph.D.

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.
If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you have a beautiful family. not in a biased way. but i'm very blessed to be a part of it! :o)

jessica said...

Sarah did that when we were babysitting for you, too. At first she was just coloring on some paper...then I look away for one second and her face is now the canvas!

Emily Suzanne said...

that's so sweet! Your kids are cute!! Pilates! Sounds fun... how long have you been doing that? I used to do it a lot more... need to exercise, but I'm just still getting used to this whole... two kid thing! We had our second son in December... two months early, he should be 3 weeks old at this point!~ So, I'm still adjusting... a little slower than I'd like. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing pretty good and sometimes I'm just out of control!!!

Emily Suzanne said...

It's nice to hear that it gets better as they get older... I'm just getting through the newborn stage. That's a tough one for some reason! I love it and it's tough at the same time. How old are your kids? When do you find time to be creative and paint?